1.14.2010

Wrestling Dogs

I've commented on this before, but I'm just going to bring it up again: I live a crazy life. I spend my days in an office wearing nice clothes and using big words. I'm professional and gracious. At night? Ehhh...not so much. I spent Monday night looking at poo under a microscope...and was utterly fascinated. In fact, I seem to remember uttering such eloquent words as, "Whoa!" or "RAD!" or "Dude! Come look at this!" Tuesday night I wrestled dogs. Big dogs. We moved from placing IV catheters in lifeless Care Bears to 100-pound Pit Bulls and Hound dogs. I had the pleasure of restraining said Hound Dog. I spent fifteen minutes crouched in an unnatural position and holding him down while my classmate did her first IV catheter. He writhed and wiggled while my legs burned and my back ached. At the end I was rewarded with a tackle and chin-to-forehead lick, complete with drool and hair. :} Tomorrow morning we'll be lecturing on horse breeds and characteristics in Production Animals. If you've followed this blog for more than two minutes, there's no need to tell you how I’m feeling about that lecture. Okay, I’ll tell you: EEEEE! HAHA!

Oh how I love this lovely life... :)

2 amigos said...:

jer and lous crew said...

it is lovely and i LOVE hearing about it...love you tons...me

devin said...

Wouldn't you rather wrestle dogs than stinky people though?