4.30.2010

Fly

So I was informed by my grandma and a couple friends that I never really explained the Washington thing in my previous post. As one friend put it so eloquently in a text: "What the hell is this bomb?!" My apologies to everyone! Here's the poop scoop:

After I finish up my classes, I'm required to do an externship in a hospital or clinic in order to graduate. It should last about three months, but could go a little longer, as I'm required to complete a specific number of hours. Last year my program director approached me about a fantastical opportunity in Washington: an externship in an extremely advanced equine facility (for privacy's sake, I'm not going to reveal the name and location on here). I've been working hard since then to maintain my grades, get recommendations, and pretty much jump through hoops. In my meeting this week, I was informed my jumping paid off, as I've been accepted to go! I still need to go through the application formalities, but yes, I will more than likely be moving to Washington next year!

I don't know how long I'll be gone. I honestly hope to get hired on there or somewhere just as advanced. As my teacher put it, "You know you want the cool cases!" LOL! She was right. I want to go far with this. I want to learn and be amazed and challenged in every way possible. If that means packing up and moving across the country, then let's go!

Yes, I'm excited and scared as hell! I've lived in the same place my whole life, with my family no further than a 20-minute drive away. But, if my cute friends like Adrien and Sara Lizbeth, or my lovely cousins Syd and Angie can do it and prosper, then dangit I'm gonna try! To quote a song lyric from Miranda Lambert (yep...going there again!):

"I guess if you don't jump, you'll never know if you can fly!"

Jumping. :)

2 amigos said...:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.... You have done so great... Go as fast and as far as you can... Love you Aunt Angie

Adam and Sarah said...

I'm so sad you're gonna be leaving! :( But I am super excited for you too, because what an amazing opportunity! You have obviously worked incredibly hard and no one could possibly deserve these things more than you, Ace! Good job!