7.25.2010

With enough caffeine and weekend sleep...

It's Sunday evening, exactly 6:59 PM as I start this. I'm giving myself 15 minutes to update my blog. It's been so long, that I had to look at what I last posted. Here goes:

I finished up school a couple weeks ago, and started again this week. HA! I managed to get some pretty good grades considering how horrible last quarter was. I started Anesthesiology and Surgery this week...on Tuesday and Thursdays...from 5 PM to 11 PM. Yep. Six hours of lecture, two nights a week. Oy vey! I'm working on planning my classes and externship right now, and it's so close, I can taste it! Hopefully this quarter flies by. With enough caffeine and weekend sleep, I'm sure it will! :D

I had three weeks off in between quarters, which I spent being a maid of honor, moving, biking, and sleeping. It was quite lovely. :) My best friend's wedding went well. It was absolutely, insanely gorgeous! I'm so happy for her and it was so fun to spend time together, laughing and talking while she was here...just like old times. I also moved home. Yep. I'm 30-years old, and back home with my parents. Yeah! LOL! Good thing I love my parents more than anything and actually enjoy spending time with them. It's actually kind of nice to be home and be here with them before I move out of state. Oh and we go biking. My dad is like Lance Armstrong. It's a little annoying how in shape he is, but I've been out a few times with him and my mom on our bikes. Aside from my sore butt, I've enjoyed the rides.

Volunteering at the equine center has been super fabulous. I love all of the horses. Good thing I'm pursuing a career with animals! ;) Our local newspaper ran a story about some kids going to the center a couple weeks ago. My buddy, Skip, was prominently featured with the kids. He got groomed, lead around on some walks, and even came up to the gate to greet the kids. Skip actually used to be afraid of most humans in general, but especially loud people (read: little kids). The owner said it was insane how good he was. I guess there is someone really interested in adopting him. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. I will hate to see him go, but happy for him to get a good, loving home. From there, it'll be onto the next pony...one home at a time. :)

Last week my parents skipped town and left me in charge of the farm. Farm livin' is definitely the life for me...just not on top of full-time work and school. HAHA! It was more than a little crazy. So crazy that I managed to fracture my foot. Yep. I wrangle wild ponies on Saturdays, wrestle pit bulls at night, and I slip in a 2-inch hole on Wednesday and fracture my foot. DOH! I currently have a really pretty, big blue walking shoe right now that I get to rock for the next couple weeks. Oh man. I'm awesome. :}

Lola is currently in "farm dog training". She apparently loves me a lot because when I'm gone...she doesn't like to do anything. My dad is home most of the day, but she doesn't like to leave my room or even the porch step if she gets dragged outside. So he's taken it upon himself to get her out and get her dirty! HAHA! Have no doubt: she loves to play in the fields and splash around in the water when I'm out and about...just not so much when I'm gone. Hopefully she gets over it and hangs out with my dad a little more. :P

Well my fifteen minutes are up. I have a pile of homework sitting on my bed, waiting to be conquered.

Love to all... xoxoxAC

0 amigos said...: