8.28.2008

News on The Grizzle

I took Lola to the vet last night to have a little sore on her leg looked at. I originally thought she'd maybe gotten a sticker and it'd become infected, but it turned out to be a lump. A mass cell tumor to be exact. The vet did a needle biopsy to look at the cells and they think it may be cancer. Yeah. Ouch. There's still a chance that it could be benign, but Lola has to have surgery next week to get it removed and determine the stage. If it's only a Stage I, then chances are good she'll be fine with no further treatment. Stage II will most likely require chemotherapy and/or radiation with a 65% chance of recovery. Stage III is bad...less than 10% of dogs make it more than two months. I keep reminding myself to be positive - it could be benign. I just really don't want to lose my little dog.

1 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

No way! Hopefully you found it early enough - or that it's benign. Lola is such a sweet girl (even with her weird pounce and lick ear fetish:) I hope everything turns out okay!