1.12.2009

Scary Times

You know it's serious when a regular "business update" call is MANDATORY. My work announced today that they're laying off about 10% of our employees. They're also freezing our salaries, changing our 401K plans and making other monetary suspensions. Ouch. These are scary and tough times we live in right now. I've had various "higher-ups" tell me I have no reason to stress so hopefully I won't be affected by the layoff, but there's no guarantee. I'm really not that worried, though. If all else failed, I'd go work at McDonald's. Work is work. It needs to be done and I'm not too proud to flip burgers if it came down to that.

God bless President Obama. Whether you voted for him or not, he's walking into a helluva mess and can use our support.

3 amigos said...:

jer and lous crew said...

good luck with all the crazyness i hope it dosen't effect you...loves and see you in 3 days....eeeeeee i'm so excited....loves again

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Eek! Hope all goes well Lady!

Adam and Sarah said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for YOU that everything works out okay with your job! Our economy is so screwed right now... I just hope we can get back to where we used to be! Loves ya!
Oh and yes to lunch or dinner. I'm good pretty much whenever! What works for you?