2.23.2009

Kitty Burritos & Clearance Deals

Down with The Man! My work blocked my blog and everyone else's which just BLOWS! GRRR! I did most of my posts when I was bored at work, but now I'm going to have to remember to do it at home. Because I'm so not busy right now with school and homework. Right? Riiight.

School is going fabuloso. I had midterms last week and they all went really well. I also finished up one of my classes last week which just rocks the kasbah! So now I only have three classes and I feel like I can breathe a little! WOO! I've mostly been working with dogs and basic stuff this quarter, but I have cats to...to look forward to? Maybe that's not the right wording. I like cats, but I'm definitely a dog girl. I'm just very excited to practice two cat restraining techniques called the "Kitty Burrito" and the "Squash". HAHA! I also registered for next quarter last week. I had a mini-freakout over scheduling issues, but everything worked out and I am registered for Anatomy & Physiology, Clinical Skills and a Humanities class next quarter. I'm already stoked! I also start "clinic" next quarter which is basically doing rounds once a week and taking care of the animals that come through the school. On top of that, I'm trying to decide on a volunteer route! I don't have any experience so I need to start doing things that will build my resume. I don't have a lot of desire to go into small animal medicine, so I'm trying to decide on either some wildlife work or something with horses, cows, goats, sheep, whatever... Hmmm.

That's all I've got for now. Lola is good. I bought her two massive bones that were on clearance last week from Smith's and OH. MY. HELL. - she's obsessed. Lola is super toy/treat/anything-that-goes-in-her-mouth obsessed already, but damn she looooves the clearance bones. HAHA! Oh! I also found some Nike shoes on clearance yesterday at Kohl's - $12, baby! WOO! It's the little things in life, right? :)

My auntie took this cute pic of Lola when we went down a couple weeks ago. It's very Milano-haute couture-Vogue, no? Bueno! Muchos besos! xoxoxAC

3 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Kudos on school and mid terms!:D Lol and on clearance bones - yay for Lola - and yay for your shoes!
Ok - no kudos about your job! Ehh - I hate that they do that. It drives me nuts. I don't care what their reasoning is either.

jer and lous crew said...

that is a georgous dog girlie..way to go on school and such...your awesome..loves you tons and tons

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Lol your 'Kitty Burrito' heading just gave me a good chuckle XD I had an image of a cat swaddled in a blanket like a baby - and it's furry head stinking out. LOVE IT! XD