9.25.2008

Mantra

"Don't give up what you want most
for what you want at the moment"


I saw this phrase a couple weeks ago...and I like it. It's my new mantra. Food is such a temporary pleasure. I'm the first to admit that it's delicious and scrumptious and tempting and so many other things. But, can you tell me about that really great meal you had two months ago that you couldn't say "no" to? Yeah me either. There are so many other things in life that actually and truly matter that food is not worth caving in for. I'm no saint. I haven't had some miraculous change in persona. But, I'm on my way to having less lapses. I'm going to do my best to keep this saying fresh in my head at all times. Not only for food, but for those little things that I think I "need" right at that moment, then think later "why did I buy this??" LOL!

Here's to rembering what I really want in this life...

2 amigos said...:

Anonymous said...

I like the new background on the blog - I love cowboys..........

The mantra is great - I am going to hang it here in my office - and on my mirror at home.

love you lots!!!

Your Mudda

jer and lous crew said...

love this saying also...i'm so dang proud of you and your doing awesome....loves to you and i hope you had a ton of fun camping and hunting....see you on thursday YEA....bring your walking shoes...loves from us