8.05.2009

X-ray THIS!

I had my first practical/hands-on lab last night in Radiography. WOOOO! So much more fun than I expected!! We got to take x-rays of random inanimate objects we brought from home. I brought one of my high heels, a toy pig, a Miranda Lambert key chain and some string cheese. Yeah...that pretty much sums me up in a nutshell. LOL! We learned how to reload cassettes, light-identify our x-rays and develop them too. We were also able to mess around with the settings on the machine to get different effects. My high heel and the toy pig turned out AWESOME! I wish I could somehow post pics of the actual x-rays, but yeah...that requires way more brain power than I have available today. The class was over by about 9:45, but my professor said we could stay and do whatever, so a couple of us stayed and worked in the dark room until about 11 PM. It was way fun, but I am definitely tired today.

We start x-raying actual live animals next week! WOO! Also, I have lecture tonight then a lab tomorrow night on bunnies. BUNNIES!! EEEEE! Oh and there's a dog at the school right now that is seriously the happiest little thing in the world. His name is Harrison, he's a little terrier mix and soooo cute! He's my buddy. We hang out on my breaks. Ummm... Have a I mentioned how much I love what I'm doing? ;)

1 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Haha I love the x-ray list! Oh that would be way fun! Too bad they don't sell x-rays at wal-mart. That'd be awesome.