4.25.2008

Feliz Cumpleanos a MI!

That's "Happy Birthday to ME!" for all you non-Spanish speakers. That's right. Sunday is the day. I will be 28-years old! TWENTY-EIGHT! Wow! I can't believe I've been here for twenty-eight years! Happy Birthday to ME!!

I've never understood why people fear getting older. I truly look forward to it! I look back to everything I knew (read: I THOUGHT I knew!) only five years ago and it never fails to amaze me how far I've come. Each passing year manages to bring more wisdom, humility, and understanding. Every year, bit by bit, I feel like I manage to firm my grasp on what's really important. I know I won't ever come full circle, but I don't want to. I anticipate the learning each year brings! It's funny how certain phrases like, "That which does not destroy me, makes me stronger", or your parents saying, "One day you'll understand" begin to resonate.

While I find myself paying more attention to anti-wrinkle creams (HAHA!), I'm glad another year has come and gone. I'm truly happy with where I'm at right now. I have an amazing family: my dad who understands and loves me like no one else, my "mudder", the kindest and most thoughtful person I know (we should all be so accepting), and a brother that is in truth, my best friend. I surround myself with the most diverse, good-natured, kick-ass group of friends a girl could ever ask for! And, I've managed to meet someone (yes, a boy) that seems to be everything and more I've ever wanted in a man; whether it works out with him or not, he (and the occasional romantic comedy) continue to keep the faith that "that person" is out there somewhere for me. All that and a wonderful extended family, a dog that keeps me laughing, a job I enjoy, a place to live... To say that I feel lucky in this life I've created would be an understatement.

I've laughed my ass off, cried my heart out, felt fury and pain, been overwhelmingly happy, and crushed by heartbreak. All the while, I've slapped on a smile and whistled my way through it. To borrow some lyrics from one of my favorite Jewel songs..."I'm 28-years old that ain't the end, but it sure ain't where I began..."

Here's to next year! Happy Burfday! :D

4 amigos said...:

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have you for my daughter. I love you lots. It is hard to believe I have been lucky enough to have you in my life for the last 28 years. WOW!!!

Every night I pray that all of your dreams come true. I know mine have just having you and your goofy brother in my life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Love your Mudda

jer and lous crew said...

age on ac....where does the time go
...wish we were closer just so we could have some CAKE at your expence....we love you soooooo much and think the world of you... we wish you the best for the next 28 and hope they are as grand as the 1st 28 have been....have a lovely weekend and party on..loves always the jarmee hoggards....

ps have some fun for me
pps hello to josh if he reads this
ppps can't wait to meet josh if he would like to come see us that would be great....
pppps we love youuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I loved this blog! I made ME feel good. You kick rear end Lady! :D
Loves!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Lol I mean "It" not "I" lol