7.20.2009

George & Satan's Minions *shudder*

Well my mom, Katie, Dustin and I went to the George Strait concert on Friday night. One word: AMAZING! I honestly have to say that it was the best concert I’ve ever been to. The opening acts were Julianne Hough and Blake Shelton. We didn’t get to see much of Julianne, but Blake was great. I really started to enjoy his music after I saw him last year in Primm. His song “Goodbye Time” gets me every time. Blake was his hilarious, redneck self as usual - he had on a flannel shirt and thermals and then bitched about how hot it was. Seriously? LOL! George was just...great. He just sang. And then sang some more. It’s kinda fun when artists talk and joke around a little between songs, but George didn’t really do that. He was very gracious in that he’d bow and say thank you after every song, then just start up again. His new song “Living for the Night” is so good! I’m a sucker for sad country songs, and that one is excellent! When he sang his classic song “The Chair”, it was a little tough. I love and hate that song for the memories it brings back. He also sang Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” which was so fun! I just sat and sang along and stared at how damn cute he was all night! I was sad when the concert ended - I wanted more! If he makes it back to Utah again, you can be damn sure I’ll be going!

I spent Saturday running errands. Oh and putting together mother$%#@ing bar stools for three hours. GAH! I bought some saddle-style stools for my counter and the sales guy at the furniture shop told me they came assembled. He is a liar. My thumbs are bruised and I wouldn’t mind going back and kicking that guy in the shins. GRRR! Saturday night I went and played cards with the Riverton-ites (Katie & Dustin). It’s our weekend tradition. It hasn’t gotten old or any less funny yet. :)

Yesterday I was a sewing biotch. I finished the top for my duvet cover. YAY! It almost took all day, but it was good times. I just need to sew the back on and put some buttons on the end to keep the down comforter in place. WOOHOO! I’m so excited to get it done. It dawned on me yesterday that this is the first blanket-thing that I’ve ever made for myself - I always make stuff for other people. So that makes it ever cooler! (the pic is an “in process” snapshot - I’ll post another one when it’s all done)


My summer break is officially over. I start classes again tomorrow night. I have classes on Tuesday and Wednesday nights this quarter and no online courses. YUSSSS! Hopefully this quarter should be a little less stressful. Although, since it’s summer, the quarter is shortened so I’ll be in class that much later. I have a radiography class which I’m totally looking forward to, then one on lab animals, exotics and pocket pets. I’m not too sure about that class yet. As much as I love animals, if I have to work with one of Satan’s minions (aka, disgusting, evil spiders), it may be the end of my career. LOL! Just kidding...I’ll just fail the class for running and screaming down the hallway like a little girl. :)

One last Lola note. Yesterday when I laid out all the squares for my quilt, I was walking around the outside so I didn’t mess them up. A while later when I was working on sewing individual squares together, I looked over and saw Lola walking around the edges, eyeing them funny like they were hot lava! She must have seen me and figured out not to walk on them. LOL! I love her.

xoxoxAC

1 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Holy giant quilt Batman! LOVE IT! And Lola - oh that's priceless X}

I am totally a sucker for a sad country song. Mmmm I need me some country right now! :)