7.27.2009

"It's like we're drinking in a hottub!"

So the concert on Thursday was AWESOME! Truth be told, it was miserable and HOT. HOT, HOT, HOT! It was 104 degrees-HOT! Zach and I went early and wandered around the stadium for a bit, then grabbed some beer and hung out in the cheap seats until everyone else got there. Lady Antebellum came on first and they were pretty good. Miranda came on next, and yes, I'm biased, but she ROCKED! I love Miranda's music for its country side, but she knows how to rock out! She played for a little over an hour and it was awesome - I danced and sang the whole time. Kenny Chesney was up last. I'm not the biggest Kenny fan (I like his older stuff better), but you can't deny that he puts on a great show. I don't think Zach, my mom or I sat down the entire time. It was a little miserable since it was so hot, but there was nothing we could do about it so we made the best of it and sweated our butts off, dancing and singing for the entire concert. My throat hurt from singing and my calves killed from jumping around so much - it was a great time! That being said, Rio Tinto stadium sucks. LOL! We bought the more expensive tickets to get "better" seats, but we couldn't see anything - the stage was still so far away. That and everything was so expensive. I heard they even ran out of water. Given the extreme temperature, you would think they'd plan on people buying a lot of water. Hmmm. Weird. I honestly will never pay to go to another concert there - it's just not the right venue. But, I'll always remember that concert and how much fun our sweaty, messy butts had. :)

Friday morning I took the day off work to go downtown with my fam for Zach & Mel's engagement pics. That was pretty fun! I came to the conclusion that my enjoyment of taking pics is completely dependent upon the camera. I HATE little, digital cameras - they take forever to take the picture or wait for the flash, or they just don't turn out that great. That is the primary reason I don't post pics on my blog - the interruption of stopping to take a picture is so great that I don't even bother anymore to take a camera with me most places. I know, I get your emails about never posting any pictures, but it seriously drives me crazy! After using my brother's new camera on Friday morning, I now know what I want for Christmas. I had already thought about asking for a nice camera, but now I'm convinced. The pictures were easy to take, came out GREAT and they didn't take FOREVER to focus or reload to take the next pic. Proof for the pudding...here are two of the pics I took on Friday morning. :)





The rest of my weekend was pretty mellow. I got to hang out with family friends, the Smiths, Penas and Schmidts, on Friday night. I love those peeps - they're pretty much my second family. I spent Saturday driving my mom around since my dad took their only working vehicle to work. It was payback for my mom dragging my butt around all those years, I guess. ;) Sunday was laundry day. Oh and movie day! Zach and I watched my new favorite movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" (Dolly Parton is soooo cute in that one!) and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I still haven't seen the new Harry Potter movie yet, so I was glad to get that one in and get caught up! HARRY POTT-AH! WOO!

That's that. Busy, but mellow weekend. Yay for that. :) xoxoxAC

2 amigos said...:

Unknown said...

awwwwwww, weekend with the families. Wish I was there!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

You took their pics?! Great job Lady! They look great :D