10.13.2009

It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to!

This will hopefully be a quickie post. Riiiight. I just got home from school. Another fascinating night in Pharmacology learning how to convert different units and figure out correct dosages to give correct meds. It's a lot of math. A lot. Love that class, though. :) I had Hematology last night. We learned how to make blood smears. A tiny drop of blood smeared across a slide so you can view it with a microscope. That's all it is. It is also one of the most frustrating things I've ever tried to conquer! You can't have pooling or clotting or air bubbles or tails...you have to worry about pressure and not running the spreader slide into your fingers holding the other slide...you have to control the speed and angle at which you smear the blood depending on the size of the drop...you need different levels of cells to get a correct diagnosis... GAH! We had to make 10 perfect smears before we could leave...let's just say it was a late, late night for the whole class!

My work pretty much cut off all of our internet access. No more email, Facebook, MirandaLambert.com...and no blog. :( I'm the first to admit I was on the internet a lot at work, but it was never at the expense of my work. When I have stuff to do, I drop everything, I complete it and I sometimes do it better than anyone else could have - hence my "exceeds expectations" reviews. I know the internet is generally a no-no at work, but when there's nothing else to do... Come on! This, of course, comes after a year of layoffs, salary freezes and increased health benefits. Damn. Can I graduate and just go save ponies already?!?!

I got a little teary tonight at school. I covered another girl's clinic shift because she was sick. When I walked into the dog room, I spotted a new dog: a little Boston Terrier. Bleh! She's a quiet, sweet, little, old BT...and she broke my heart. Lola will be her before I know it. She laid her head down on my arm while I took her pulse. She's kenneled right next to Zeke, a happy, TRAINED black lab that lays down for me when I need to draw his blood. Zeke is across from Moe, a cute Cocker Spaniel mix that will lay in your lap for days just to get his neck scratched. I do what I can to help and that gets me through things, but it still hurts to see such cute, loving animals go through there. Save a life, people. Adopt a shelter pet.

That is all for tonight. With no internet access at work, it will be hard for me to update my blog as much. I just laughed out loud wondering if I really write anything with substance anways. Oh well...it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to. HA! :P Despite everything, life is quite lovely. It always is. Even when I'm super busy and tired and cranky, I never forget how lucky I am. Oh and how much I'm looking forward to the new Assassin's Creed game on xBox. Two more paychecks, baby! WOO! BUWAHAHAHA!

xoxoxAC

3 amigos said...:

devin said...

If you ever have to practice brushing teeth...please call Jib. He would be very grateful. :)

He bites us and the toothbrush whenever we get near...

Coonboy said...

ASSASSIN WHAT!!!! woot woot!!!

jer and lous crew said...

thanks for the update girlie...loves to you and all you do...