10.29.2009

Worth. Every. Minute.

I just got home from school. I was supposed to be home around 9 PM, but I just spent the last two hours with Roxie. Roxie is the little, old Boston Terrier that I mentioned a couple posts ago. Roxie got to have dental surgery tonight which went well. Her recovery? Not so much. When I did my nightly walk-thru of the dog room, I noticed she was bundled up with bags of hot water surrounding her, but still shivering. When I pulled her out of her kennel, her lips were cold so I did a quick temperature check. Normal for dogs? 99.5-102.5 degrees. Roxie? 93.4 degrees. One of the other girls started rubbing her down, trying to wake her up a little so she'd move around. It helped a little, but she had super slow reflexes and had stopped shivering (not a good thing). So I grabbed her, stuck her under my scrub top, and had someone hold hot water bottles and blankets against us. I was a heating BT burrito! I spent two hours with Roxie tucked in my shirt and checking her vitals every 20 minutes. I'm happy to report that her temperature was brought up to 98 degrees - normal and safe for recovering surgical patients. :)

1 amigos said...:

Jonas said...

you're so f'n awesome! good things to come your way for sure