6.08.2009

Bend and Snap.

I’ve pretty much decided that I want to specialize in equine medicine. I had thoughts about being an all-around vet tech girl there for a while, but after talking with some of my instructors, it’s best to pick one field. It’d be like a human physician trying to be a veterinarian at the same time I guess. I suppose if I’m able to go somewhere rural, I might work with other large animals like cows and sheep. Actually for a minute I thought about working with cows (they have an amazing digestive system!), but then I remembered my history with the stinky things and how much they seem to hate me, so horses it is! WOO! I’d actually planned on focusing on horses from the start, but now I realize they are the only thing I should really focus on. So anyways, I started my library on Friday and bought equine medicine books from UC Davis and a different one used at a couple different colleges around the country. I have a whole list of books that I’d like to eventually buy, including ones on anatomy, anesthesia, infectious diseases (mmm!), and respiratory disorders. I don’t necessarily have to read these books, but I want to be the best and rock this career! I’m also lucky to have a really enthusiastic equine instructor that has been really encouraging and helpful. I’m actually going on a top-secret mission with him on Wednesday night to actually do (as in practice with my own hands) some really cool stuff. YEAH! I’m gonna be the Elle Woods of Equine Veterinary Medicine! LOL! It’s gonna be just like high school...only FUNNER!

2 amigos said...:

Adam and Sarah said...

I loved the title! Haha! And I envy you -- I love horses, but I am so so so so allergic to them. Poor moi. I used to love riding them before I became so insanely allergic. Sad stuff, right? I thought so too.
And yes, I am getting pretty close -- only 6 weeks left! Craziness! That means not very long until I get to see YOU as well! :D

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Woohoo! Horses would be awesome [will be awesome] to work with! Rock it lady!! :D