6.19.2009

Skunk You!

So last night Lola and I were walking around the side of the building to get my laundry. It was about 10 PM so it was pretty dark. I should note that I live in a pretty rural area now - there are huge, vacant fields to the west and south of me and the Jordan River bottoms are only about 1/2 mile away, if that. I honestly love it! Anyway, there's about a 10-foot path with a long, wood fence that separates us from the big field to the south. Oh. There's also a small gap in the fence for a big tree that shoots up through it. So last night as Lola and I were walking through the dark, she took off ahead of me and was checking something out under the bushes. I figured it was a cat or something so I didn't pay much attention...until I got up to where she was. IT WAS A SKUNK! AHHHHHH!!!!! Yes, that's exactly what I did - screamed! LOL! I yanked Lola and bolted for the end of the path. We turned around and the skunk was just kinda staring at us and walking towards us all curious. LUCKILY, Lola did not get sprayed. I'm guessing it was, A) a baby skunk and couldn't spray, or B) thought Lola was its less hairy cousin. BHAAA! After I got my laundry, we went back to check it out and it was still there being all cute and curious, but I could smell skunk spray so I figured Mama Skunk was around. No fun, for sure. We ended up going back around the entire building so we didn't chance running into bigger, stinkier Mama Skunk.

Awww...never a dull moment. :)

2 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

AHH! Skunk! Well I'm glad neither of you were sprayed and didn't have to bathe in tomato juice :}

Adam and Sarah said...

Holy crap! Can you imagine if you guys got sprayed??? It'd be one hilarious story... in about a year when the stench finally went away! HA! So glad for you guys that neither of you got sprayed. Ick!