6.04.2009

New bed! NEW BED!

So I sold my old bed a couple days ago. :( I loved my bed - it was very squishy and pretty. But...it was only a full size bed. Meh. I’m the only one that generally sleeps in my bed (although I wouldn’t mind if that changed sometimes...HA!), but Lola usually sleeps with me and she is a BED HOG! In all reality, it’s her bed - I’m just a guest - just ask her! LOL! Anyways, I (read: Lola) got a new bed - a QUEEN SIZE! YAYA! So far I just have mattresses and rails, but there’s a headboard/footboard at Ikea that I really like so hopefully I’ll pick that up in the future. I slept on the new mattresses last night and I slept like a champ! YUSS - I was a little worried! The awesome part is that I don’t have sheets yet, so I just spread out a blanket then slept with another blanket on top of me - oh and I didn’t mind one bit. HAHA! I’m so redneck sometimes - love it! I started looking at bedding sets, but came to the conclusion that it would be much cooler (and cheaper!) to just make my own. Plus, I’m very fickle when it comes to bedding - mainly the color. Right now, I’m feeling red which could very well change to yellow in the next couple months. So I’m going to make a duvet cover that I can change out when I get bored. WOOHOO - fabric store trip this weekend! Mainly I’m excited to sleep with a squishy down comforter again! Mmmm! That’s pretty much my weekend. Oh that and getting my hair done. ‘Bout time – I’ve got some may-jah roots going on right now. EEK!

2 amigos said...:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

OOoo I love new squishy beds! We had a FULL for the first year we were married. But we've upgraded to a queen. It's squishy and awesome :)
Hey - when are you going to get a Facebook?!

Adam and Sarah said...

Hooray for a new bed! Don't you just love nice, comfy beds? That's how I feel about ours we got from Costco. No bed I've tried has done it justice. And awesome about making your bedding set. Super impressive, man! Post pictures whenever you get it finished!