6.23.2009

So...about skunks!

We had our second skunk spotting last night when we went out for a walk. This time we apparently looked dangerous because Pepe Le Pew hit the dirt running. I’m honestly not nervous to get sprayed. Although, that would definitely SUCK! I’m more nervous that the skunk may be rabid and bite me. Lola has her rabies shots so she’s good, but me? AHHH! Thanks to school, I now know how painful rabies treatments can be. Essentially it’s a series of three immunoglobulin shots that get worse as you go along. My professor likened it to a syringe trying to squeeze thick, cold honey under your skin. No thank you! I've been reading about skunks and their behavior and there aren't a lot of rabies cases from skunks, but it still makes me nervous! Although, the outdoor pathway to the laundry room where Lola and I walk is like a free haunted house now - you never know what’s gonna pop out! LOL!

It’s too bad I don’t talk to the only person I knew that had any experience with random critters anymore. It'd be nice to maybe get some advice. That’d be an awesome conversation! “Hey! Yeah, long time, no talk. So you’re alive, huh? That’s good. So...about skunks!” BHAAA!

2 amigos said...:

Anonymous said...

What person is that???

Love your Mudda

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I wanna know what person too!! And no - I'm not down the the syringe full of cold honey. No no no.