7.23.2008

Whole

Well I up and joined Weight Watchers last week. This is my first time doing the program, but my aunt has done it and looks amazing so I thought I’d give it a try. In fact she’s doing it again with me, along with my mom and one of my friends. WOO! Truth is…I have felt like crap lately. I haven’t been sleeping well, I’ve been tired throughout the day (even if I got an extra hour or two of sleep), my skin is gross, and my mood in general has just been “blah”. I have no idea why I let myself go like that, because after only TWO DAYS of eating well, I feel AMAZING! I’ve slept great (and less!) the last couple nights, I have mucho energy and I’m happy! I’m always a pretty happy girl, but when I’m eating well and managing a little exercise, I’m bouncing-off-the-walls-in-your-face-giggly-HAPPY! LOL! :D

I don’t have a specific goal right now. I found out what my ideal weight is for my height and I have ideas about accomplishing a couple different physical tasks, but right now I’m just focused on sticking with it for a while and seeing how things go. I’m going to Las Vegas in October (MIRANDA!!!) and Christmas is just right around the corner so it’d be nice to lose some weight for those events, but I’m in no rush. Losing weight fast would be awesome, but I’ve done that before and well…here I am…again. Honestly, I’d just like to change my life. HAHA! It’s so easy to write, but we all know how difficult it really is. I know I’ll never be one of those skinny girls that bikes up American Canyon “for fun” on Sundays and craves tofu burgers, but I’d like to reach a place where I feel…whole. I’d like to find that place where I’m happy and healthy and my weight isn’t ALWAYS at the forefront of my thoughts. Anyway, I lost two pounds when I weighed in for my second meeting last night! WOO! The other girls did well too. I’m so happy to have them going and doing this with me. Sometimes just knowing you’re not in this fight of life alone makes it all the better. I think my mom is a little skeptical still, but I have a feeling my bouncing-off-the-walls-in-your-face-giggly-HAPPY attitude is gonna get to her – either that or ANNOY her into it! HA! Love you mudda!

Viva La Resistance!

2 amigos said...:

Adam and Sarah said...

Good for you, Ace! My mom has been doing the Weight Watchers diet (doesn't go to actual meetings though) for the past month or two and has lost 11 pounds (she exercises too, of course) so she SWEARS by weight watchers. Best of all she feels better eating healthy. And I actually went on the food diet in high school just to help me eat healthier (instead of the cold cereal, frozen burritos & ice cream I lived on, ha!). Keep at it, you'll do great! Loves!

Anonymous said...

We are going to look just like that girl in the picture - don't know about the back flip carwheel thing - old people like me don't bend so good any more.......

Can't wait for Miranda - gotta love the whole gambling, drinking, dancing and general debauchery thing - oh and some time by the pool.......the largest buffalo shaped pool in the world!!

love ya lots - your mudda