11.26.2008

Turkey for You, Turkey for ME!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I've had a lovely week off so far. I started on my craft projects! I finished the baby blanket yesterday and am underway on the aprons. Yes, I said apronsss! HAHA! My mom asked me to make her and our family friend, Gay, matching aprons for their annual stuffing-making-martini-drinking-pre-Thanksgiving-part-ay! HAHA! The aprons are turning out really, really cute, but they're also a PAIN! My fingers hurt like a mo-fo from sewing the apron ties and then turning them inside out. My fingertips are seriously raw and my fingernails are lifting! AHH! I love you, Mom! LOL!

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Next to Halloween, Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I love hanging out with my mom and helping out with dinner. I love the smell of the house with all of the good food cooking. It's all just so lovely and familiar. I only live about twenty minutes away from my parents, but my brother and I have both said it many times: "There's nothing like going home". I have so many things to be grateful for...so many that I could fill this blog with a massive list for the rest of my life. I'll just say that I'm so thankful for my wonderful family. I love them more than anything in this world. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel so secure in this life knowing they're here and they love me. I'm also thankful for my extended family and friends - pretty much one in the same. My extended family rules! I love hanging out with them! And my friends...they shake life up and keep things fun. I'm so grateful to live in this country and have the opportunity to earn a living. I'm very, very lucky in this life and I hope to never forget that.

I love you all! Happy Thanksgiving! A.C. & Lola~xoxox

1 amigos said...:

Adam and Sarah said...

Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving, AC! And I just wanna tell you: go look at my blog! :)